"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Weekend and Overcoming

I went to Bear Lake for Labor Day and it was a lot of fun. What wasn't so much fun was the amount of BAD food I ate. I felt guilty about it on Tuesday when my wkout was more challenging than it should have been. I mean, my dad is SUCH a good cook. We're talking, Taco Soup, Potato Delight with cheese, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup and bacon. Then there was the monster shake and french fries. Not enough water and little to no exercise. I had intentions of doing something, but it never happened.

Monday we came home and I didn't do anything

Tuesday, it was REALLY hard to get up and go to the gym, but I did. I did 30 min on the Elliptical and then 20 in on the bike. The first 20 min was challenging and then it started to feel really good. I tried to improve my eating and vowed to keep going and try again.

Today...today was my Trainer wkout. She did it again, made me cry. She said this was a love/hate relationship. I told her I really did love her b/c she MAKES me do it even when I would give up and then she makes me go further than I think I can. She has been such a great motivator for me. I love that we NEVER do the same wkout twice. Every time I go I can count on it being different, but just as challenging. Today we did walking lunges and running stairs together. Then we moved onto abs and upper arm stuff. It's the arm stuff that makes me cry. I feel like such a baby, but it IS really hard for me. It's kind of frustrating! After I wked out with her I did a 1/2 hr on the bike doing hills. It was challenging and felt really good.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

The great thing is, you went back on Tuesday. Weekends happen (or for me, Mondays and Tuesdays...oh, and Wednesdays...). Your awesome.

MM said...

We all have those fall off the wagon moments--the important thing is that you get back on. I love you and am so proud of you! Think of the good you're doing for you and how that will bless your family!!