I've joined a Biggest Looser competition that will last until June 1, a week before I run the Utah Valley Half. We started it yesterday and I've been thinking about some goals I want to accomplish and some things I want to leave behind in 2011. Lack of motivation is one that I would like to leave in 2011 and a renewed sense of love for myself is what I would like to grow this year.
Clint's work has you do a wellness test every year with blood work and all that. I found out this year when I did mine that I have a under-productive thyroid. That means it's harder for me to loose weight, which I've been struggling with for a while. So I started taking medication to regulate it and I can feel a difference in my energy level and my mood swings aren't nearly as bad as they have been in the past. What does this mean for moving forward? It means that I need to watch what I eat more carefully and get my husband I in better shape. I need to lower my triglycerides and balance out my HDL's and LDL's.
I'm going to start posting my meal plan for the week, you can find it under the nutrition tab.
1 comment:
Thyroid effects so much! My mom has a low thyroid too and she can't focus or remember things when she is low. Hope the medication helps speed you on your way to a healthier 2012. Love you!
Post a Comment