"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Sunday, October 16, 2011

the weekend

We celebrated Corbin's birthday over the weekend.  I made a cake and cup cakes for it.  I looked at frosting recipes and it seemed like everyone used butter cream.  So I made it...can I say GROSS!  Seriously all the frosting is made from is Crisco shortening and powdered sugar with a little bit of butter flavoring and vanilla flavoring, and I'm not taking about real vanilla either.  I had to taste it to make sure it tasted ok for the guests, but I felt gross for eating it.  Then, after tasting it so much I didn't think about what was in it and just ate it anyway.  How many times do we do that, we know something is bad for us yet we consume it anyway?!  FRUSTRATING!  I need to do some additional research to find frosting that isn't so unhealthy for you.  I know it's going on a cupcake, but does it have to be so gross?

All this is leading up to my point.  I feel gross today after eating so much crap yesterday.  So we ate a nice salad for lunch and a turkey burger for dinner with some steamed squash.  I feel better after eating a bit healthier.  I just hope my weigh-in tomorrow isn't ridiculously high.  Better go drink some water.

No comments: