"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My BL moment

There I was standing in the middle of classroom at the gym, which consists of mirrors all the way around the room, and women start coming in.  Soon there are about 10 different people in there all are skinny and then I spot the instructors, beautiful.  As the music starts they start moving in ways I haven't since before I had kids.  All the other woman look great doing what they are being shown.  I am trying to keep up and then I spot her, the fat girl.  She's in the mirror and I look around the room to see if anyone else sees her too.  I think they are all busy trying to keep up too so they don't see what I see, at least I hope they don't.  I look back at the girl in the mirror; as I watch her move and struggle to keep up with the others in class I suddenly feel like I'm on the BL.  That fat woman is me and I am way not what I picture in my head.  It was a harsh reality check.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have that same problem. Just remember when you are the skinny girl and a larger woman came in you would be cheering her on in your head! Have you ever seen those people run that are just struggling and you want to yell out your window. Keep it up! you can do this. You are stronger than you think. I want to yell out loud but I don't want to embarrass anyone! I am the fat and uncoordinated one. I love yoga! I look like a hippo in a room full of swans but It's ok. one day I will be a swan! You go girl! don't give up!