"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Holidays

As far as eating healthy Halloween does nothing to help.  I can't tell you how tempting it is to have candy at the house or doughnuts at parties.  This kind of thing makes me want to lock myself and the children in the house until it passes us by.  But then we have Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years then it's Valentines day.  In my life all these holidays have equaled two things, lots of food and lots of junk.  How to by pass all of this and still stay on the right track?  That is the trick question.  In the wise words of a trainer I don't know but follow, "have a piece of candy, don't deny yourself.  It'll only end in over indulging in the end".  So if I want one I'll have one, in moderation of course.  Also, it's helping me to find substitutes.  Fruit is so much better for me and while it doesn't replace the chocolate I crave, it helps to curve the sweet craving I have.  And, if I want chocolate I just make sure it's dark.  I'll try posting my helpful tips as I come across them.

BTW, I ended yesterday with a calorie burn of 3395 and a deficit of 1500+.  This shouldn't have happened, when burning so much I should have eaten at least 2000.  As long as it averages out by the end of the week, I should be okay.  I know some of you are thinking that I should be supper excited that the deficit is so large, and I am happy about #'s, but if the deficit is too large than your body goes into starvation mode and you end up not helping, but harming yourself.

No comments: