I did it! On Thursday I started my first Spinning class. It's always been a secret goal of mine to get in shape enough to feel like I can do a class. I've been riding the regular bike located upstairs in the gym now since Aug. Now that I have plateaued with my weight I decided ready or not here I come. The instructor was fantastic, although I wouldn't know the difference from one to another, but seriously she was great. Before the class started she walked me though all the things I needed to know. Like this bike is different than anything you've ever ridden before, AKA: you have to pedal the entire time there is no coasting, you stop the bike stops. She also told me that most people don't stay the whole time their first time. She told me to have fun and just enjoy the class, b/c the first few times are really just to see if this fits you.
So, what happened?
I LOVED IT!!!
I stayed the whole time and felt like I got an amazing wkout in. I also liked that it's the perfect thing to cross-train for the half that I am preparing for.
Then night came and guess what...I was so sore I could barely walk. Truly a tough wkout that has taken me two days to recover from. This has been a great learning experience for me though. Now I know what to expect and how to take care of myself afterwards. I stretched, but now I know I need to do more stretching than I originally thought. I also now know that the day I do spinning I really need to get to bed early, as in before 10 pm so my body can get some good recover time in. The next thing I figured out is that I need extra protein those days so help in muscle recovery.
The next class in on Tuesday and that one has a different instructor in it, so it'll be interesting to compare them. SO, until then, happy exercising!
No comments:
Post a Comment