"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 4 and the struggles

When I woke-up this morning I really didn't want to go to the gym. I felt tired, worn out and my attitude about it was really negative. I have found that in these moments a prayer and just doing what you don't want to can make a BIG difference. My wkout yesterday took it's toll on me mentally, especially when I came home and told Clint what I did and he did some of the hardest ones for me like it nothing. It was so discouraging and disheartening. I know I can't compare myself to him, but I still felt that way. Then there was the conversation with Kaily that went something like this:

Kaily: Mom, I can tell if people have kids, wana know how?

Me: How?

Kaily: All the mom's have BIG tummies, like yours.

Nothing like having your daughter point out the obvious to you. So did I go? Yes, I went. After that comment do you think I would just sit around here letting my tummy get BIGGER, I mean really, when it's pointed out so kindly how can you ignore it?

I ran 2.25 miles and then did 20 min of crunches. After that I did some machines and then 30 min on the bike that equaled 6 miles. How do I feel? AMAZING!!! So much better than I did this morning.

2 comments:

MM said...

I love you hermana--you are so inspiring to me! I'm proud of you for getting after it even when it was hard. Keep up the FABULOUS job!

Cathy said...

That's awesome! I'm writing this as I'm skipping my morning workout because I'm tired and just don't feel like it. Thanks for kicking my behind! Thanks for letting me get benefit from your hard work. You're amazing!