We got home from our trip a day later than we thought we would and I haven't had time to prepare my house for what is coming so I will be starting this 30 day challenge on Monday April 18. the goal for the first day is to make it tot he gym and eat ONLY the foods I have on my list for Monday. It'll be hard b/c I'm going to be eating such a HUGE deficit in calories than I am used to. It's actually a very healthy # of calories and the number about that I should be eating already. I would also like to add the recipes I really like on here from time to time, so be looking for that as well.
In this week as I prepare for a new journey with weight loss; I start this heavier than I did before, I'm going to try to focus on a few different things this time. There is a reason for the weight gain and I need to figure that out if I'm EVER going to make this stay and make it a lifestyle change. the fact that I had a baby shouldn't, and I don't thin it's really the reason I'm SO mush bigger this time. Yes pregnancy can play a part, but there are thousands of woman out there who have babies and don't gain 25 lbs AFTER that baby comes out. There is a reason for weight gain, for MY weight gain. One of my goals will be to try to figure out why.
One of the other things I'm gong to try to focus on is what I want to do with my body once I've gotten to where I want to be. For example, make a list of things I can't do right now while being heavy, things I want to be able to do. the Biggest Looser last night made me think of these things. One of the contestants said that her world had always been a no world as to things she really wanted to do, and now it's a yes world where being fat doesn't hold you back. My gift to myself when I get this weight off me that I can't due to the weight now is to go sky diving. I have always wanted to go sky diving but b/c I've always been overweight I haven't been able to.
With all of these things I hope to be putting some inspirational quotes and motivational things up here. If you would like to join my journey let me know. It's way more fun to this together than it is apart and it'll help keep us motivated together. So, if you're ready, lace up those shoes, throw away those bad habits and let's start moving!

2 comments:
I want to join you! My issues are different in that I don't need to lose any weight. I am terribly unfit. I am exhausted all of the time. There are many factors behind this ie my baby is sleeping with me too much, I am addicted to my laptop and use it too much both day and night, we've had an unhealthy winter with lots of colds and flu. I want to get in shape. I need to get off of my couch and do more things with my kids. I want to have energy to do more than one thing each day. I want to play soccer with my boys. I need to be able to keep up with them.
I also want to teach my boys to eat more fruits and veggies. That includes my hubby. I get so frustrated because I tailor everything to each of their likes and dislikes. It's time to get tough. There are so many yummy fruits and veggies coming into season right now! My husband has promised he will eat a little of everything so I just need to find or cut down recipes so that I'm not making enough to feed 6 since I will still be the one who eats most of it. I need to find ways to make reasonable amounts of veggies for sides.
If you want a post pregnancy reference- I was probably 130-135 before I got prego with Silas. I was probably 175-180 so +45-50 pounds right before I had him. I was about 155 right after having him. And now he's 8.5 months and I weigh about 125. The weight has come off slowly and steadily. I credit nursing and an ok diet cause I sure wasn't exercising or moving much in general. So mostly just luck.
Post a Comment