Earlier this week I was in a bit of a rut. I ate HORRIBLE over conference weekend and I felt horrible b/c of it. My wkouts lacked their usual intensity and today was not an exception. I didn't have a lot of time today b/c of scheduling problems. N E way, I am so grateful for repentance! I know we usually refer to this only in the gospel setting, but I think it totally applies here. I knew what I had done, it was hard to admit to slacking in my diet, but I did admit it. I told my trainer and my hubby. I felt really ashamed of what I had done, but truly, it taught me a great lesson. What is that, it is, brownies just don't taste as good if you know you are going to have to wk them off later and they made me stink. That may sound silly, but it's true. Sweat usually stinks, but Monday during my cardio I smelled really bad. The mac and cheese, the brownies, the mashed potatoes, all of their toxins started to leak out of me in the form of sweat. I actually smelled bad for 3 days after that and am just now starting to smell my normal stinky sweat smell again. Okay, so on top of that I have IBS and am lactose intolerant. There is a general theme to the stuff I mentioned, milk. That's right, milk. That made me stink too, so I feel bad for whom ever was next to me while I was running and cycling.
Enough about the stink, I think I digressed. I didn't think I would loose ANY weight this week b/c of my choices. I actually thought I might gain. BUT I have the body bug and that means I know EXACTLY how many calories I burned and how much I ate and what I needed to do to compensate for my behavior. I got on the scale this morning to do my weigh-in and I didn't expect anything. I am down to 229, 10 lbs from where I was when I started this journey. I am happy for my new weight and I have learned SO many things along this journey that, realistically, I'm just starting on.
2 comments:
Those were good thoughts. That makes so much sense about needing to start over. It's amazing how the gospel really does apply to every part of your life. It's interesting how you don't even enjoy the guilty pleasure food any more. You're really doing awesome!
Part of the Gospel is that Heavenly Father gave us this body and we are supposed to take care of it so repentance is totally appropriate in this circumstance. You are doing so awesome! Don't let mistakes get you down (I'm reminded of a scripture where the Lord tells us to pray always and that Satan will tell us not to pray but we should always pray no matter what we've done- you could insert exercise or eat right in there it's always better to start doing what's right again) and don't forget the Lord wants to help you too.
I am so impressed with your dedication and hardwork. You are inspiring. My struggle is with housework and homemaking and doing meaningful activities with my kids and I started out at the beginning of the year with so many good ideas to become better at it all. Well... I haven't been as focused as I need to be in my goal setting or accomplishing. So it's time to get refocused again... one goal at a time. :) Thanks for the reminder of repentance and recommitment-- I needed it. :)
Post a Comment