"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Something to think about

After a great weekend I went back to the gym yesterday morning. My trainer wked me hard like she always does, but she mentioned something that got me thinking. She asked me if I was in my Monday funk. So I thought to myself do I have a Monday funk? I guess I do. As I thought about this I realized something about myself. Mondays are a hard energy day, Tuesdays I have a hard time getting out of bed to go, Wednesdays are great and I usually put forth more effort with Ashley, my trainer, Thursdays I'm so sore that I don't want to get up (but I do), Fridays I'm on my own and I don't kick my butt as hard as I did on Wednesdays and Saturday I kill it on Cardio by usually doing 2-3 hrs of it at a time while incorporating my abs. By Saturday I have lots of energy and tons of drive. Sunday I don't do much and I feel like crap by the end of the night so I end up taking a walk outside or on the treadmill. So what does all this mean? Nothing to you probably, but it gives me a clear idea on what I need to do to improve my eating the days I feel in a funk or like I don't want to do this. Cuz, I know we ALL have those days where it seems daunting just to get out of bed in the morning. So based on this new realization, I'm going to set some new goals for myself. I'll get back to you on what they are, I have to think about it a little bit longer to define them.

All this brings me to a question for all of you who actually read this, BTW thank you for all the great comments. Here it is...What are some of the ways you deal with the "in the funk" days?

2 comments:

brookeaprilrain said...

Actually, it's helped to listen to the support from others. Even if you have to call someone you're close to and ask them why you're doing what you're doing. It helps...even just a little. Oh and thanks for the motivation, I meet my trainer on the 20th. I'm getting back on track...you rock Karen!

Cathy said...

Hey! Getting out of a funk for me is kind of like tearing off a band aid. I gear myself up, say "one-two-three" then move like I have tons of energy. I just go without thinking about it. Usually it doesn't take long before I really do have the energy and am feeling good about stuff. It also helps if I "start the day like I meant it" and get up and going with purpose. Usually those things work. Some times there's nothing for it but to look forward to a fresh start tomorrow.