"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

AHH Wednesday!

What an amazing wkout I had today. Ashley had me do sprints on the treadmill today, 6 of them at 7.0. The first one she put up to 7.0 I kinda got scared, NEVER in my life have I ran that fast on the treadmill. So she put it down to 6.5 and I was amazed at the ease of it. I thought by the end of 1 min I would surely be dying, but I wasn't and after I rested for 30 sec I had her move it up to 7.0. It felt great to open the lungs like that and really run. It's been a while since I've done that and never on the treadmill. The last 30 sec of the last min my asthma kicked in and it felt like I suddenly had a ton of bricks on my chest. I pushed through it though and it felt good to do so. I'm glad that I'm so competitive with myself. It motivates me to push myself harder. The rest of the wkout felt good and, in the true fashion of Wednesday, I had a great energy day and a great cardio session. One thing I learned though, I shouldn't read and try to do cardio at the same time. I don't do as well and I don't push myself like I would otherwise.

One more thing I would like to say, way to go Brooke for finding the motivation to do what is hard. I know you can do it! To all the other readers out there, thank you! I have my next measurement coming up and I'm anxious to see the results.

No comments: