Monday was the day UT celebrated Pioneer Day so my family went to the Ogden parade and then we headed to Grandma's for some family time while Clint went riding with his friend. Because my ankle still hurt I didn't go running in the morning so I could rest it more. Kaily broke her arm at Grandma's and we spent the rest of the afternoon with her taking care of it.
Tuesday was a great workout. My ankle didn't hurt and I felt great! I ran /walked 4 miles and felt really good when I was done, but a couple of hrs later my ankle started to hurt again this time on the Achilles tendon. So I iced it and stayed off of it the rest of the day.
Wednesday the tendon hurt so bad I couldn't go down the stairs very well or even walk. It was a forced day of rest.
Today I went back to the gym, we did a circuit ab workout. It was super tough, but fun. Although if you heard me at the time I didn't sound like I was having fun. (= The tendon is still sore, but not as bad and I am wearing a brace to keep it immobilized. I told Ashley what happened and she told me to just ride the bike, but if it started to hurt at all to stop and not worry about doing more. Achilles tendon injuries are very serious. I'm resting the leg the rest of the day and hopefully by next week it'll be better, although after reading about it I might need to see a doctor to get it taken care of or at the least checked out to make sure it's not torn.
BTW Here is the site link I went to that has been SUPER helpful in figuring out the information about the tendon. http://www.achillestendon.com/default.asp the site is called EVERYTHING ABOUT ACHILLES TENDONS.
No comments:
Post a Comment