"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A few Thoughts

I was at the gym this morning and was thinking about the video I put up last night.  Some thought come to mind...
First, while I'm super happy for the guy and I think his movement is great I am curious as to why it is that men seem to loose weight so much faster than women.  I know why, I just don't like it.  Next, I was remembering how much easier it was to loose weight when I wasn't a mom.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a mom, I adore my kids, but let's be honest pregnancy does something crazy to the body and it's never the same again.

Does anyone out there have the problem of finding balance between being mom and being yourself?  I'm really good about eating and wking out about half the time I should and used to.  Before I had a third child I had everything nicely balanced.  I don't know if it's b/c it was just 2 kids or b/c there is now a baby in the equation.  Either way though I can't seem to find the middle ground in working out and being a mom.  I am doing better than I was though, so maybe this is just a learning process that I will get one of these days.  Any thoughts?

One of my new goals is to log in here everyday and post something.  I realize it doesn't have to be a lot of info or a lot writing, just something.

Last, I AM happy, at least happier than I have been in a while.  I'm back to logging my food and trying to stay within a decent calorie amount.

1 comment:

Mikki said...

Amen..... I LOVE your blog, I have read it for a while. You and I are in the same situation, you have motivated me a lot to start running and to do some races. The movie yesterday was AWESOME.... but I had the same thoughts as you. He hasn't had kids to "ruin" his body..I look forward to upcoming posts...