"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Sunday, July 24, 2011

another lazy day

No walking today, too hot outside.  Ate a good dinner and had lots of good produce from the garden.  Getting up early to run in the morning.  at least I got the other blog all updated and pictures edited.

A few new thoughts...So I have been trying to find balance in life, as I mentioned previously, and I have been praying to figure this out.  My Ensign (an LDS church magazine) came in the mail yesterday and when I opened it up it fell open to this article by Elder L Tom Perry, "The Tradition of a Balanced Life".  While it didn't answer all my questions it did give me the information I needed to push forward with faith in Christ.

Last week I started my workout with a prayer, it has helped a great deal.  I do this because I believe that Heavenly Father knows ME and he knows my heart.  He knows how to succor me when nothing else helps.  He knows my struggles and I believe his heart is filled with sorrow when his children feel ugly about themselves and he wants to help them.  I know that when my children feel ugly it hurts me.  Kaily had me read to her the Max Lucado story, You are Special  the other night for her good night book.  It reminded me of this fact, God doesn't make mistakes and we shouldn't let the world dictate to us how we should look.  I say this, but I have too have a hard time fully accepting it.

My daughter is 6.  She is brutally honest at times and yesterday my feeling got really hurt, unintentionally, by her.  The kids were playing Kung Fu Panda and Conner asked who I was going to play and Kaily in her 6 yr old wisdom said, "Mommy's going to play Po because she has a big fat belly."  My heart sank and I wanted to cry.  She didn't mean any harm by it, she was just being honest, saying it how she sees it.  It hurt though and it has taken some time to come to terms with, but I have and I will store it away for motivational purposes.

No comments: