Well, I did it. It was great, frustrating, hard, and very worth it. I'm SO glad it's over with now. It feels like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders
now that it's done. That may seem a little weird, but really I WASN'T supposed to be preg while running this and when I did get pregnant I was really sick with other things. I didn't start running again until a few weeks ago. Now I will keep running but I don't have to worry about the distance or how I will do with 13.1 miles.4:30 Saturday morning my alarm went off. I got Clint up and we got ready to pick up my cousin to go to the SLC half marathon. I didn't sleep well the night before, I never do. I was excited and nervous about the distance and my endurance. We arrived with no problems except for TRAX being packed tighter than I think was legal. When we got to the starting line I had to pee. I had to with about 400 other people. So, I waited and waited and then the gun went off to start the race and
I was still waiting. Finally at about 7:20 we crossed the starting line.
The first mile I always panic a bit and run too fast. From then on it was good. We, as in Clint and I because he stayed with me, ran the first mile and part of the second. Then I had to pee AGAIN. This pattern continued until mile 6. FINALLY I was empty and didn't have to stop again until we were done. I
did have to stop and walk due to cramping around mile 8 and we walked most of the way after that running every now and then so we wouldn't be in the back of the pack. When we got to the finish
stretch I sprinted it to the end. IT was an emotional thing for me to finish. I started crying and Clint was worried I was hurt or something, but I wasn't. I was proud that I did it, that I finished. I hurt a bit and still hurt last night, but now I seem to be doing ok as long as I don't stay in one place for very long. I finsihed in 3:09:25.
Like I said above I plan on running until I can't anymore and I will walk through this whole pregnancy. The goal for AFTER the baby is born is to start training again for another 1/2 in Dec. on the treadmill. I am going to run the Deseret News 1/2 in July 2011. My goal for that one is to be under 3 hrs.


2 comments:
good job Karen. I'm so proud of you!
You are awesome!
Post a Comment