"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The 411

So here's the 411 on my life right now. I'm NOT sick anymore, that's a good thing, but I do have bouts of nausea every now and then. If you guessed that I'm pregnant, you're right. This wasn't wholly planned. We wanted to get preg sometime this year, just not this soon. So what does this mean for my wk outs? I will continue to wk just like before only taking it a little easier than before. I won't increase in my cardio I will just maintain where I already am. I have to be more careful of my breathing and heart rate. I can't do the same abdominal wkout that I used to do and as I progress in the pregnancy I will have to modify some things so it wont be a danger to the child or myself. What does this mean for the run I'm supposed to do in 6 weeks? I'm still going to do it. I have to modify that a little b/c of heart rate, but it shouldn't be a problem. I've been running for a while now so it should be ok.

This DOES mean though that I will no longer be putting updates up about weight and waist measurements. It's depressing for me to look at the numbers and know that it's only going to get bigger. I know it has to do with something growing inside me, but still the numbers are depressing. What isn't depressing is the fact that I got down to 198 before I started to gain weight back. If I eat sensibly and maintain a good calorie in/out ration then I should do really well with weight gain and therefore weight loss after the baby is born.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on everything and the progress of the baby and myself. So here's to good heath for me and the baby.

2 comments:

MM said...

Congrats! You just keep workin it girl! A healthy mommy is a smart mommy! take care of yourself!!

D said...

My sister actually loses weight when she is pregnant and not because she is throwing up. She feels fine and her hormones are balanced better for her body I guess. Her first baby was 9 pounds when he was born so he gained weight just fine. :) She definitely had a big belly and everything towards the end of her pregnancy she just lost weight everywhere else. So here's hoping you have some of her luck and your body just redistibutes and after you have baby you are back to where you started or better. Here's to a healthy baby and a healthy mama!