The Turkey Trot was cold and fun. I ran it with an old friend of mine. It ended up being less than 5 miles though, but I ran a good pace and did a good job.
Friday after Thanksgiving my friend and I did a longer run and she asked for hills. Well, ask and you shall receive! Around my house that's all there is, you can only go up from where my house is. It was a good run, but b/c of the inversion that UT gets every winter it made it a bit harder to breathe outside. I was happy when she asked to cut the last mile out and just go home.
Saturday I went to the gym for a good 2 hrs. I know I said I didn't push myself as hard, but I think after I ran those two days and then the 2 hrs at the gym, I really just burned myself out for the next couple of days.
Monday I met with Ashley again and I felt really good. She had me do the hanging leg extensions, except she added the oblique leg extension to it. MAN! My abs hurt so much the next day! Ashley pushed me hard and it felt really good!
Tuesday I went early and did an hr, that's all.
Yesterday we did a lot of core wkouts. Last night it was hard to fall asleep b/c they hurt so bad. It was a great wkout with Ashley and I even though it hurt it felt great after. When I was done with her I did 7 miles on the bike and ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill since it's too cold and smoggy to run outside with my asthma.
Today I did an hr and that's all.
Friday I will take a rest day and then Saturday I will run my long run. However, I will still do a full body wkout, I just won't do a lot of cardio. If Saturday comes and it's still only 13 degrease outside than I will do my long run on the treadmill, even though I hate doing it on there.
3 comments:
Wow, you just posted this. Yay! You're awesome! I wish I had run five miles on Thanksgiving.
Oh man, you look amazing. Pictures on the blog...SO awesome! I'm so proud of you!
You are doing awesome! Just keep the momentum going. That's so tough to have the weather change your workout to something you enjoy less.
Post a Comment