"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Getting ready for Turkey Day!

It's such a great time of the year! Just thinking about it I can smell the aroma's of the kitchen. I usually LOVE to bake around this time too. Breads, cakes, cookies, pies (not home made), rolls and any other carb that you can cook. This year I haven't done much of that, in fact besides the wheat bread I made last week I haven't done ANY of that. Oh, I did make rolls for the dinner get together we had a week ago. But other than those things not much cooking going on here. I think my hubby and kids miss the cookies and cakes, but my waist line doesn't. (=

I love this time of year! I love Thanksgiving, so many yummy foods, the whole family sitting around eating, getting "fat" together. The holiday really makes me very happy. This year though I didn't want to miss out on the good stuff so I planned a whole week of good low calorie foods to eat so I can eat what I want on Thanksgiving, moderately of course. So far the only day I have fallen off the wagon so to speak is Sat when Clint took me out to see New Moon for a belated b-day gift. It was great! So, in the morning, even though it snowed outside and the high is only going to be in the low 30's I am going for a short run and then off to the gym later that afternoon. The rest of the week looks to be more of the same kind of routine and then Thursday I am going to earn my dinner. I am running 5 miles in a Turkey Trot. I am excited and plan to have a great time no matter how cold it may be. Cathy, this run is in remembrance of that VERY cold snowy Thanksgiving morning when we earned our dinner. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and I'll write again after the weigh-in and measuring on Wednesday.

Happy eating everyone! (=

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Yay for Turkey Trots!!! It was so fun talking to you yesterday. I totally hadn't read this yet.