"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Day!

Well, as you may or may not have noticed I have lost 10 lbs. since this time last month. I have also gone down almost 2% in my BMI. Ashley tells me that's a REALLY good thing, so I'll take it. Hopefully I can keep this up. I've hit a plateau of some sort. After talking with Ashley we think it might be that I need to eat more calories throughout the day.
You might be thinking,"what, I thought the idea of loosing weight is to eat a small amount of calories."
I think the idea is to eat the right kind of calories and make sure you don't burn all that you eat, which is what I have been doing. Thanks to my body bugg I know that lately the amount of calories I eat is often less than my deficit. Let me explain...Say I burn 3000 calories, eat 1500 then my deficit is 1500. This is not a good scenario. A good scenario would be if I ate 2000 calories, that way my body has a bit more on reserve. I would still loose 2 lbs that week if I kept that deficit, but if my deficit is the same or greater than the amount of calories I eat than that will result in where I am now, a plateau. So my goal for this week is to eat more good calories so I can increase my caloric intake.

Today Ashley had me do box jumps. For those who watch The Biggest Loser, it's the exercise that that girl was struggling to do so much on Jillian's team, I think she got cut last week. N E WAYS, I thought about it too much and now I have a battle wound. My shin is skinned and Ashley had to put a band-aid on it. By tomorrow it should have a nice scab. (= Other than that the wkout was great. AND the box jumps were SO much better after my mistake. I learned and I will try it again on my own another day. Just add it to my list of ever growing things I need to practice on my own. Fridays are getting busy with lots of things for me to thinks about doing. Thanks Ashley, for giving me ideas on what to do on my own. (=

What have I learned this month...Well, there is the idea that you can make a mistake and it's not the end of the world. Just get back up and try again the next day. Weight loss should not be the goal alone. If weight loss is your only goal you will never achieve it. Your goal needs to be bigger, it needs to be life changing like an over healthier life. It's okay to crave things and to give into temptation, just don't over do it and realize the bigger picture. I feel healthier, happier, and I have way more energy.

Compliments I have received this month are, "You seem to have more energy and you look great." "You seem happier now" From Clint, "WOW, you look great!" I can't remember all of them, but those are the ones that stand out to me.

I AM happier, I DO have more energy and I am starting to look better. I feel stronger. I have been learning a lot about myself and I know this journey is just beginning.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Karen! I am so happy you are doing all this. Again, you are inspiring me so much!!!