"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Monday, January 12, 2009

I DID IT!!!!!!!!

I am back from Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida. The half-marathon was great! I'm really not even sore anymore, Thank goodness. Ok so how did it go? In truth I only ever ran a total of 6 -7 miles before I went so I was REALLY nervous about being bale to finish. I am happy to report that not only did I finish I finished in better time than I thought I would. I avg a 14-15 min mile more or less and finished in 3:18:50. You have 3 hrs and 30 min to finish the race. I thought I was going to finish right before the 3:30 mark. My feet were killing me at the end and my legs were SO tired. Emotionally I was spent. It was harder emotionally at the end than it was physically. I was just spent. The truth is I can't wait to try again. I want to be able to train more seriously and make better time than I did this time. It was one of the MOST awesome things I have ever done and I feel VERY good about the whole thing. Pictures to come...

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Awesome Karen!!! So proud of you. I need to get back on board now. Thanks for being a great example!

Stephanie said...

Karen--you are such a great example!!! You inspire me so much. Way to go on the marathon--amazing!!! Congratulations!

The Hills said...

Big Congrats!!!! Way to go! Awesome job!! :D :D :D

stef j. said...

could job Karen! that's pretty much amazing. i seriously can't imagine running that long ...

WHOOT WHOOT!