"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baby perks

A new baby can do many wonderful things for you, as long as you take advantage of them. My favorite is the drop in lbs that comes not only by giving birth, but by nursing. The babe is a week old and I am down 20 lbs. Next week I start walking again and using the body bug to measure out my calorie intake. I will be doing some research to find out just how many calories a woman who is breast feeding should reasonably eat. When I find out I'll let you know. I feel really good and I attribute a large part of that to wking out through out the pregnancy. I saw a guy running today, it made me excited to get out and start myself. I have to wait for the go ahead from the Dr, but I will be doing a turkey trot for sure. I may not run the whole thing, but I will do it. One of the nice things about Corbin is that he will take a bottle. Conner wouldn't and it made it REALLY hard to do any sort of wkout. This, if all goes as I see it in my head, will be a great year!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Yay! Congratulations on another fresh start! Good Luck!

D said...

So how many calories should we breast feeding women be eating? Did you do a turkey trot?

I LOVE your Christmas card! Your kids are gorgeous!!!