"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Friday, December 10, 2010

The update that was forgotten

I forgot to update, things have been crazy around here lately. So here is what I found out. A nursing mom should only increase her calories 500. In order to loose weight you need to burn more calories than you eat. The 500+ is based on a 2000 calorie diet. Here is the other thing I learned, when you exercise when you are breastfeeding you put lactic acid in your milk. The longer and harder you go the more you produce. Lactic acid can make your baby colicky and can lead to your milk drying up all together. You should exercise moderately until the baby can eat some solids and then you can step up the wkout. This is only b/c the baby is no longer just nursing so you can have longer periods of time between feedings. Eventually the milk will taste sour as you increase your wkout, leading to the weening of the baby. (This info is from my Midwife)

So about the Turkey Trot. Thanksgiving morning came and it was a whopping -2 at 5am and then the high for the day was 0. So, being that I have asthma and can't breath in the cold really well when I exercise I opted out of the Turkey Trott. Maybe next year I run it I don't have to freeze my lungs to do it. Also, because of the aforementioned milk problem I haven't been wking out like I would like. Now that Clint is out of school for the break I can get out of the house more and spending just an hr won't seem so bad. The good thing is that by the time Corbin is 6 months, April, I can start getting serious about my training for the half I'm running in July.

No comments: