"Trying is quitting with honor"

~BL Season 6

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I've been sick

Being sick is the worst! I've been in this battle for about a month and it looks like I have finally lost.

GOOD!

Now maybe I can get on with life after I get over this. I knew it might be a loosing battle, my kids got it and my hubby got it. It hit me after a VERY stressful week and weekend came to a close. Literally, it hit me late Sunday night. By Monday, I felt like my head was in a vice and I still went to the gym. I thought that I could just sweat it out,

YEAH RIGHT!

By the time I got through with Ashley I was having a hard time thinking let alone breathing enough to finish wking out. I took her advice and went home where I have stayed for the rest of the week. I only ventured out of the house yesterday to do the grocery shopping b/c the fridge was empty. SO, where does that leave me?

Still sick.

Yep, hopefully I can go back to the gym on Monday, but I think it might take awhile to get back to where I was. How I feel about all this is, well, how would you feel? I hate that I haven't done anything this week even though I KNOW I shouldn't.


Here is the lesson that I would like to pass along. You may feel like the sickness isn't that big of a deal, but if you are getting sick take the necessary precautions to help your body. Even if it means NOT doing what you feel you should, and it makes you feel lazy. Try not to think about it like that. Think about it in a way that you are actually healing your body and when you're ready you will get back to doing what you love. This has been a hard week for me, but I have appreciated knowing that I am doing the best I can right now, even if that means I don't get off the couch for 2 days b/c I can't move.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I'm sorry you're sick! Hopefully you are feeling better!